[[Template core/front/global/updateWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Belle Irlan

Daylight Savings Issue

9 posts in this topic

We are aware that the time is off due to daylight savings time and that this is impeding your ability to enter events. We are working to get this fixed as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

1 person likes this

I find this situation rather odd. The game's clock has direct control over when event's becomes clickable even if it's not the correct time. This conflict is the cause of what we're seeing correct? I noticed the game knows to jump forward an hour (confirmed by Military Contest betting activating when the clock says 19:00:00), but, since the displayed clock itself is behind by an hour and it's what makes events clickable, we're locked out of events because by time they're clickable we're already an hour late.

I gotta ask, how did your clock fail to leap ahead while the rest of the game did so?

THe only exception seems to be Call to Battle which according to it's "Event Time" it has 4 hours left meaning it will end at 23:50:00 (it's normal end time), but, since the clock is an hour behind that makes it the only event following the server clock instead of whatever clock is directing the other events.

It seems to be an issue of "main" server time versus "Local" server time. The events that take place in the Interserver location are fine because they take place on a server whose time is correct and actually take place on that "main" server. The events that load from the "main" but take place locally, all the daily events, check to make sure the "local" server time matches the "main" server time. Since they don't they event won't let you join.

I haven't had direct contact with tech, but this is the explanation that I was given previously when the issue happened before. It also matches up with similar errors I have encountered in the tech job I work.

So there are two clocks then, that's pretty interesting. The events (except CTB) are following what you call the main clock while the others follow the main clock, correct? 

How long do you think it'll be be before daylight time saving gets applied to the local clock so it's in sync with the main clock?. Since local clock is the key to unlocking events, by time they're open, the main clock has already passed the event deadline.

6 minutes ago, Jasper Lewis said:

So there are two clocks then, that's pretty interesting. The events (except CTB) are following what you call the main clock while the others follow the main clock, correct? 

How long do you think it'll be be before daylight time saving gets applied to the local clock so it's in sync with the main clock?. Since local clock is the key to unlocking events, by time they're open, the main clock has already passed the event deadline.

Not really two clocks. Two servers. a local server we play on and a main server where the information comes from (this is also the server that hosts interserver events like C2B and Military contest). Hopefully it will be an easy fix once the tech team arrives for the day. 

1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, Jasper Lewis said:

I've seen this happen in other cases too. Where a home computer's time and date are out of sync with a server they are trying to access so it won't let them as a security thing. We used to see that happen at PayPal. 

1 person likes this

I'm sorry this hasn't been taken care of guys. I'm just as frustrated as any of you. hopefully things get sorted out soon. I really wish I could do more.