[[Template core/front/global/updateWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jasper Lewis

Call to Battle suggestion

11 posts in this topic

I've been thinking and and I've decided that Call To Battle tends to get pretty unbalanced when ALL the top players are on one team such as what happened today. No one could kill them and the amount of spawn camping that pursued was insane.

My idea is that a counterpart to Burning Soul be implemented. While Burning Soul increases your damage by 10% each time your defeated and stacks 10 times for 100% increased damage, we could have have a debuff [Battle Fatigue] that would reduce all stats (Max HP, PATK, MATK, PDEF, MDEF, Crit, Crit Resist, etc.) by 2.5% each time they kill another player and cap at 30 for 75% reduced stats.

Like Burning Soul being lost when you win battles, Battle Fatigue will be lost as you loose them.

I was thinking it might be easier to just split the rankings by team each day vs. randomly placing team...1, 3, 5, 7, 9...and so on one team, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10...and so on on another team...Teams would be a lot more balanced this way and its just an easy programming fix as the game is already tracking places...

Keep in mind that C2B is a cross server event and no cross server ranking exists.

4 hours ago, Decap said:

I was thinking it might be easier to just split the rankings by team each day vs. randomly placing team...1, 3, 5, 7, 9...and so on one team, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10...and so on on another team...Teams would be a lot more balanced this way and its just an easy programming fix as the game is already tracking places...

I meant the top scorers...not server ranking...the rankings that dole out the medals.  Sorry for not being more specific...

12 hours ago, Decap said:

If implemented correctly I suppose that could work too.

This CTB type of game exist in many other RPG games platform and they work exactly the same way and that's why they are running the CTB for quite long duration and limited of movement for all the players. CTB is about team players cooperation and although there is still a pros and cons in it. As we are aware, we cant limit of what other players do and how they play.

For starter in CTB with low damage , they might find it hard to kill the governor and that's why there is a helping reward, but by later when they are getting better, by striking of damage around 2-3 percent will be easier to get a governor. as we know , in CTB, we get 40 movements and additonal 15 movements = total of 55 movements

55 x 2% = you can  deal of 110% damage to the governor already. 

Lets assume, if the players are doing the Battle Quest which require of 35 movement for killing players and the captain , you will have the balance of 20 movements where you will use it to hit governor 

by 20 movements , and you deal of 2% = you get 40% . that would means u will have 40 percent chances in getting the governor. 

If stronger players that could hit around more than 4-5 percent, that would help most of the players dealing with 2% governor to get the gold reward. 

And although, there is also some luck factors for certain players which deal a low damage to gov.

In CTB, it is more about team play and timing and you must remember to spend ur movement wisely in it. The event run from  10:00 to 23:50 . 

In RPG Game, it is about PVP . Imbalance of strong and not strong players does not exist , it is just a matter of helping or bullying only. 

I would say, get some proper guides and information from others , that might be helpful and get you stronger . 

Hope you guys enjoy the game ! 

20 hours ago, Joe Kruf said:

This CTB type of game exist in many other RPG games platform and they work exactly the same way and that's why they are running the CTB for quite long duration and limited of movement for all the players. CTB is about team players cooperation and although there is still a pros and cons in it. As we are aware, we cant limit of what other players do and how they play.

For starter in CTB with low damage , they might find it hard to kill the governor and that's why there is a helping reward, but by later when they are getting better, by striking of damage around 2-3 percent will be easier to get a governor. as we know , in CTB, we get 40 movements and additonal 15 movements = total of 55 movements

55 x 2% = you can  deal of 110% damage to the governor already. 

Lets assume, if the players are doing the Battle Quest which require of 35 movement for killing players and the captain , you will have the balance of 20 movements where you will use it to hit governor 

by 20 movements , and you deal of 2% = you get 40% . that would means u will have 40 percent chances in getting the governor. 

If stronger players that could hit around more than 4-5 percent, that would help most of the players dealing with 2% governor to get the gold reward. 

And although, there is also some luck factors for certain players which deal a low damage to gov.

In CTB, it is more about team play and timing and you must remember to spend ur movement wisely in it. The event run from  10:00 to 23:50 . 

In RPG Game, it is about PVP . Imbalance of strong and not strong players does not exist , it is just a matter of helping or bullying only. 

I would say, get some proper guides and information from others , that might be helpful and get you stronger . 

Hope you guys enjoy the game ! 

"limited of movement for all the players" You forget 2 things. First and foremost when a player is attacked they loose a movement point as well as the attacker and it's a crippling effect when all the strongest players are on the enemy team and are camping relentlessly. Second, no amount of cooperation will help you when no one on your team can come close to killing a member of the opponent's team, all you can do have have the low levels attack them as distractions and waste movement points but it's a very inefficient tactic. We need a better solution such as balanced (instead of randomized) teams or stacking debuffs for killing players. Third, your helping reward doesn't mean anything, if you're killed before you reach the governor every time you can't get a helping reward because you can't help because you're getting camped, even players even go as far as body blocking the governor and relentlessly clicking players to attack them the second they come out of resurrection protection before the players click on the governor even registers.

Fourth, your formula doesn't mean a thing. Even with 2% damage you are limited by 100 / 20 delivery points. That's 5 attacks of 2% damage for 10% damage then a 3 minute cooldown during which time someone else could easily run off with governor kill. You need to remember you are not the only person attacking, you are competing against dozens of other players, always.

Fifth, that gives players even less movement points to work with when dealing with spawn campers and makes my suggestion even more urgent. Something else worth pointing out is that your math is horrible. being able to inflect 40% of the governor's health as damage over 20 moves DOES NOT translate into a 40% chance to get a governor kill. You fail to take into considering campers, competition on your own team, and the delivery system (5 points used up during a win, 20 used during a loss). The actual chance is much, much lower and for many it depends on how luck you are with the enemy team going after others besides you and other's misfortune of leaving the governor alive with less than 2% hp 

Sixth, if by stronger you mean Ori and Triple S, they can hit it for much more than 5% they actually have enough damage to solo the governors as opposed to your garbage 55 x 2% formula (on a side note trying to do that as 55 x 2% will only give you 2% of 55 as your answer which is 1.1 as opposed to 55 x 2 then interpreting it as a percentage)

And lastly I can agree with you on one thing and one thing only, the luck factor. I got my first governor kill when I could only inflict a mere 0.20% damage. My fortune was another's misfortune because someone else left it at 0.08%.

Well, i am only suggesting at here.. although we must understand one thing , all players have their own right on how do they want to play .. we cant force them on following it. 

Any game created, how it should works , is mainly depends on the players , how do they play in the game. 

First, CTB have 2 CAMP which is RED and BLUE

Each player will have Movement Points(55 movement) and Energy Deliveries (100) .

Movement Point will be reduce if you attack other players / Governor / Captain / Monster . Each attack will deduct 1 movement.

If you are being attacked by other players, you will not lose your movement point.

2nd is Energy Deliveries ( which start at 100) and once reach 0 , you will need return back to base for Cool Down - 3 minutes.

Deliveries will be reduce if ( Deliveries will be deducted no matter, you are the attacker or you are being attack by others ) 
Your attack Win - Reduce 5 Deliveries  
You Lose / Die - Reduce 20 Deliveries 

And if your energy does not reach 0 and you die of being attack by others or you lose the battle in attacking other players , You will have a countdown timer which make you vulnerable in certain duration of time at the same map, and you are not able to teleport to other map during the vulnerable time . 

And if the other player start attack you and you lose , you also get the buffer in return which could stack until x10. The buffer will be gone when you kill other player. 

As i mention earlier, the CTB is a long time event which runs from 10:00 until 23:50 . I believe most player will be out when they are out of movement or no longer have any reason staying in it. 

Anyway, i am only suggesting and as we all are aware that , we cannot control how other player want to play or tell them how to play in CTB.  

Thats why I hope this info would help those player understand how should CTB works in this game And yet, the choice is up to the player. Help or Camp or Kill , it is always their choice. But if that players are an experience RPG gamers,  he should be aware of the importance in sharing and co-operation and helping at RPG online game . Although, there is always a few or any players are being too stubborn or never understand or whatever and many more type in this game, which is out of our control. 

This is merely just an suggestion and some information on CTB . we are not arguing on any matters in CTB , just sort of discussion and making some clear information by hoping all players are being aware and know what is CTB event and how should RPG game works.

and lastly, thank you for all your points, i do understand whats your concern at this CTB , and on my experience, this is how all RPG game in PVP mode works , it is not about balance of the game, but mainly is about the players on how they behave in the RPG game during such event.

After all, it is a PVP mode in CTB.

Thanks again and i think this is it for now.

Cheers  

2 hours ago, Joe Kruf said:

all players have their own right on how do they want to play .. we cant force them on following it. 

Technically you can. If someone's way of playing involves botting, you can punish them for that. If someone way of playing makes use of bugs or hacking, you can punish them for that (yes, online games with little or no security are indeed hackable). If your way of playing is endlessly spamming world chat, you can be punished for that. Don't say we can't force a certain way because it is indeed possible and is a core post of any MMO. If a player because enough of a nuisance that several players start quitting, admins can either take action to correct it or watch their game die.

5 hours ago, Joe Kruf said:

he should be aware of the importance in sharing and co-operation and helping at RPG online game . Although, there is always a few or any players are being too stubborn or never understand or whatever and many more type in this game, which is out of our control. 

Which is why it's important to limit the douchebaggery players are capable of.

4 hours ago, Joe Kruf said:

And if your energy does not reach 0 and you die of being attack by others or you lose the battle in attacking other players , You will have a countdown timer which make you vulnerable in certain duration of time at the same map

I've already covered this. It does not stop campers from spam clicking you so their click on you registers before your click on the governor and if you try to change maps instead, you have to wait till fully resurrected before you can attempt to do so, not only that, you have to wait out the animation before you actually change maps which provides them more than enough time to kill you. This means they can (and will) take you from 100 to 0 delivery without you having any chance of getting away from them other than refreshing the game to be forcefully ejected which it should not have to come to.

1 person likes this

On 1/2/2017 at 0:45 PM, Jasper Lewis said:

Technically you can. If someone's way of playing involves botting, you can punish them for that. If someone way of playing makes use of bugs or hacking, you can punish them for that (yes, online games with little or no security are indeed hackable). If your way of playing is endlessly spamming world chat, you can be punished for that. Don't say we can't force a certain way because it is indeed possible and is a core post of any MMO. If a player because enough of a nuisance that several players start quitting, admins can either take action to correct it or watch their game die.

Which is why it's important to limit the douchebaggery players are capable of.

I've already covered this. It does not stop campers from spam clicking you so their click on you registers before your click on the governor and if you try to change maps instead, you have to wait till fully resurrected before you can attempt to do so, not only that, you have to wait out the animation before you actually change maps which provides them more than enough time to kill you. This means they can (and will) take you from 100 to 0 delivery without you having any chance of getting away from them other than refreshing the game to be forcefully ejected which it should not have to come to.

On 1/2/2017 at 0:45 PM, Jasper Lewis said:

Hi Jasper, 

Yes there is a certain regulation applies for all online games and inclusive of this too.

I think you had confused..I believe we are now discussing on the Call To Battle Event. Please do not get confuse of the regulation applies in the online games and players behavior. And do not forget that this game is sit under Facebook Platform, it is not the same of other online games that run on their own platform individually. 

Well, do not tell me you are always getting hit at all the times in Call To Battle event , and all players are just aiming on you ? With the movement and restriction of deliveries , how long will that single player keep attack you ? Except you are referring every opponent players are only keep aiming at you for the whole event time running for 13 hours and 50 minutes

Anyway, i do understand your concern on this event for fair play. But do not forget, Fair Play does not apply in all online RPG games Reward Event . It is always depends on the player luck and damage and skill they had. 

And lastly, thank you for your feedback and i understand your concern in the event . And i believe the game moderators may consider on it and try to work with something in it.

Cheers

15 hours ago, Joe Kruf said:

Well, do not tell me you are always getting hit at all the times in Call To Battle event , and all players are just aiming on you ? With the movement and restriction of deliveries , how long will that single player keep attack you ?

Not just me, many others have had this happen as well and the day I made this post It was really severe, and yes, it WAS that bad. You'd think they'd run out of movement points but they kept killing and killing and killing. Ori even got a 25 player killing spree which really says something.

Edited by Jasper Lewis