[[Template core/front/global/updateWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Belle Irlan

High Levels

15 posts in this topic

Hi guys-

Couple of questions/concerns. We are seeing quite a few players at higher levels leaving because there is nothing to do. The second tier of Remnants of Magic still isn't open, Level 110 and higher aren't able to buy stamina refills, and there just isn't much to do.

Was hoping we might hear something about when the next tier of Remnants might open and also maybe some sort of reasoning as to why you can't buy stamina after level 110.

Good day to you, Belle Irlan!

We can't write about updates individually to each player, so everything we can tell now is that you need to follow our Facebook page for getting new information: https://www.facebook.com/gunsandmagic/.

Thank you for request. Have a nice day!

*sigh* I figured that would be the response. You know I follow the Facebook page... Its just getting really frustrating. My guild alone has lost 7 110+ level players in the last 2 weeks from sheer boredom. Other guilds are reporting similar numbers of people just not logging in any more. I figured it couldn't hurt to try. Just don't forget about the people who've been around the longest. Even I don't know what to tell them anymore and I've been one of the game's fiercest supporters.

Thanks for the response guys.

We know that you are one of our most fiercest supporters and we are really thankful for this. We really can't provide players individually with such information.

Wouldnt it be more helpful , if every players get to know some information about the game future development ? 

This would assure this game are working on something and are expanding it. It is assurance for everyone and i believe this would keep most of the players in this game as everyone would like to see how this game grow in the future ... 

Thanks

2 people like this

On 12/14/2016 at 3:46 AM, Technical Support said:

We know that you are one of our most fiercest supporters and we are really thankful for this. We really can't provide players individually with such information.

It'd be nice to know the little things too. Most other game share the little info, not here though. Heres a look at the secondary stats of WOW http://wow.gamepedia.com/Combat_rating_system

According to that chart, every 14 points of crit adds 1% Crit chance at level 60, 22.0769 for 1% at 70, 45.906 for 1% at 80, etc. Here I've determined crit to by 100 points for 1% regardless of level, but, you have to subtract your crit from your opponent's crit resist before doing so.

On the topic of how defense/armor works, Warcraft is pretty straightforward about it http://wow.gamepedia.com/Armor. It even gives Infoboves for each stat such as shown in this picture http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2013/october/characterScalingLevel48.jpg

The formula for determining damage absorption is:

DA = (player health) / (1 - (% damage reduction given by armor in decimal form).

For example, a character with 1000 health and 31.24% damage reduction would be able to absorb 1000 / (1 - .3124) = 1454 (rounded) damage.

A character with 1000 health and 99.98 damage reduction would be able to absorb 1000 / (1 -. 9998) = 500,000 damage.

Damage absorption only applies to physical damage.

Armor damage reduction formula

240px-Armor_Damage_Reduction.PNG?version

Armor Damage Reduction

According to the Blizzard UI elements (PaperDollFrame.lua), the formulas for damage reduction are as follows for WoW 5.0.4 in which Attacker = either player or mob.

Attacker Levels 1 - 59

DR% = Armor / (Armor + 400 + 85 * AttackerLevel)

Attacker Levels 60 - 79

DR% = Armor / (Armor + 400 + 85 * (AttackerLevel + 4.5 * (AttackerLevel - 59)))

Attacker Level 80 - 84

DR% = Armor / (Armor + 400 + 85 * AttackerLevel + (4.5 * (AttackerLevel - 59)) + (20 * (AttackerLevel - 80)) )

Attacker Level 85 and over

DR% = Armor / (Armor + 400 + 85 * AttackerLevel + (4.5 * (AttackerLevel -59)) + (20 * (AttackerLevel - 80)) + (22 * (AttackerLevel - 85)); )

Simplified, the formula becomes: DR% = Armor / (Armor + (467.5 * AttackerLevel - 22167.5))

Consider the following table which can be derived from the above formula for a lvl 70 tank taking 1000 DPS of "raw" damage:

Here however, there is no info about any stat and players have to figure it out on their own.

Edited by Jasper Lewis

You understand Jasper that Blizzard hasn't shared that information. Players have dug into the code of the game and gathered that information.

14 minutes ago, Belle Irlan said:

You understand Jasper that Blizzard hasn't shared that information. Players have dug into the code of the game and gathered that information.

What do you get when you mouse over a stat in this game? Absolutely nothing. When do you get when you mouse over a stat in Warcraft? My screenshot in the third link shows just that. If you hover over Armor you'll also see that it's a converts into a percentage reduction as opposed to here where nobody knows.That said, yes Blizzard does provide info.

Every online game have their own factors and method of calculation, WOW or any other RPG game may not the having the same method in here. And although all RPG games may have the basic of calculation in it but there is always other factors in the calculation method. 

We should not use other games damage calculation as a reference and that may not applies in here. 

thanks

Good day to you, Jasper Lewis!

We haven't developed WOW and we are not Blizzard. Also, as Belle Irlan told correctly, Blizzard hasn't shared all such information officially, it was shared by players.

On 1/7/2017 at 6:12 AM, Joe Kruf said:

Every online game have their own factors and method of calculation, WOW or any other RPG game may not the having the same method in here.

Why does everyone jump straight to incorrect conclusions instead of understanding the point I'm trying to make?

I didn't expect the method to be the same, in fact if you even read
" According to that chart, every 14 points of crit adds 1% Crit chance at level 60, 22.0769 for 1% at 70, 45.906 for 1% at 80, etc. Here I've determined crit to by 100 points for 1% regardless of level, but, you have to subtract your crit from your opponent's crit resist before doing so. "

Then you'd know what I know the game handles calculations differently. Anyways the whole point of my post if that it'd be nice to know the little things such as how damage is calculated, more detailed descriptions of stats (such as crits making attacks deal 50% more damage or penetration making an attack ignore defense) etc. 

Edited by Jasper Lewis

Good day to you, Jasper Lewis!

Unfortunately we can't share such infromation, because how it was told earlier, we can't share it by ourselves. So only players can investigate, learn and understand by the way how it calculates.

I agree with CreaGames here... A game is created by the developers... if said developers gave away all leveling info, stats, and progression equations... what is there for the player to figure out? I believe a game that makes you find your own strategy in order to maximize rewards is a game well written, otherwise any average player off the streets can start a game and get all there is without any thought or work. The individual that takes the time to fully understand a game is the same person that becomes top players in same game. It cannot be expected to have all the games secrets thrown out to the public by the game developers. Let the players figure out the game and then choose to share that info with other players if they want to.

Jasper, you gave them a perfect way to deflect from the original issue...unintentionally of course. While I can agree with the idea of how they should allow the players to discover tactics and statics on their own, it isn't really what the original topic was regarding. The point is people are getting bored and there aren't any signs of game improvement. This game asks a lot of the player's time, money, and energy. When there is more being taken than given and little to no indication of the game expanding, there isn't much to motivate people to keep playing. This is at the crux of the problems, but there are more. Aside from getting useless updates on new servers being open, communication between the developers and the players is ambiguous, vague, and full of pacification. You, the developers, say you can't be bothered to give out information individually. I'm not even sure what you're trying to imply here. Are you suggesting that people want to know your "little" secrets? What we want is some kind of suggestion that you are going to do more with this game than simply run it dry. I don't think asking for you to explain how you plan to improve upon it, as in what parts of the game are going to be updated or corrected, is unreasonable in any way.  I can think of many reasons why a company would be so secretive, some of which are not very flattering. The people who play this game are not fools. The main reason most of us stick around is because of the social interaction and friendships we've developed. This is not enough, as is evident by people leaving little by little. If you don't find a way to compromise with your players, your game is doomed to fail. You need to improve and expand upon it. You can continue to be willfully ignorant about the problems your game has or you can try a develop it to be more efficient and productive for the people playing it. Obviously, it is your choice on which route you choose, but I hope you will listen and act upon the criticisms being given to you.

3 people like this

erm...just realized I put "statics" instead of "statistics"...apologies. 

Edited by Leilou