[[Template core/front/global/updateWarning is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
Plato Redux

Light Side and Dark Side switch?

7 posts in this topic

I have a question and I couldn't find a solid answer anywhere else concerning Light Side and Dark Side. Is there any way to switch without rerolling a character?  From the little bit I've been able to gather this is the only option?  

That's not a very good game mechanic IMO, there wasn't any warning how significant, and depending on the server, game breaking the choice could be.

In the fever pitch of fast leveling clicking early on while figuring out everything, "Hey here's some potions if you choose Light, no rewards for Dark for you.
  In a slightly tricky psychological way, the game devs decided my alignment for me; and I would have never fathomed in a million years that something so significant to the game would be presented so unceremoniously and without any warning that you can't change it, or that in a game like this with something so important, that I would surely be able to switch it later if I made the wrong choice.  But no.  Why?

There should be a way to switch alignment without losing progress, even if it costs or is a pain, a long quest chain, gathering a ton of items or a reasonably steep gold fee.

We were doing well as a guild on my server, some guys wanted to join with us because we got along well, and a few member in the competing group could be somewhat bullies, but the server directed them to choose Dark with a cheap bribe.  They went ahead and merged with our main competing Dark guild, and the bullies.  I don't know if we are going to win any Guild Battles any time soon now, we are outnumbered, and the highest level guy on the server is Dark.  We were coming from behind and winning, no I don't know if that is going to be possible.

It was balanced, we were trading off days winning the Guild Battles, the other Dark guild that merged was getting the 10%XP buff every once in a while too.  I may be wrong, we may be able to still win once in a while, but I have my doubts about that too.  The game balance on my server just went WAY FAR Dark, and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it but hope the server decides to bride new players to choose Light, AND that they like the game and keep playing it, AND they are able to be more than just casuals.

Why did Crea decide they should decide who's who as far as alignment, with no option to switch and keep one's progress?  I just don't get it.

I've been playing about 3 weeks and already put about $40 in this game, and I'm starting to feel regret over it because of this mechanic.  I know any future spending from me for GandM is on hold until I see how things pan out on my server.  If we get dominated every night, every week, then out leveled, then bullied, I'm probably just going to find a new game, directly because of this design choice and this particular game mechanic.  I can't be the only one who has game quit because of the same thing.

So, any chance of fixing this?  Or are the devs more brilliant than I'm giving them credit for and I'm wrong with my predictions and things will work out?

Thanks.

If you can't change from light to dark or vice versa, can you at least delete your character from a specific server and start over on that same server?

I'm pretty sure there is no option to delete your character from the user stand-point on the Facebook version which I assume you are using. The only way this could happen is if somebody deleted your data from the game database (which means that you looking for support) but I honestly doubt they would do that in a discontinued game. 

There are couple things you could consider, one would be creating another Facebook account (which mind you is against their rules and if you lose access to it, they won't help you to recover it) which I'm not 100% sure but should be fine with the administration as long as you don't play on the original account from that point. On that point, there isn't much of administration anyway and I didn't see anybody getting banned for other things then refunds (real money matters).

You can also start playing on the new server. Let's say you and your friends intend to play in a dark faction and both create the character on the S321 NeverUpdate but you make a mistake and pick a light faction. Now, what you can do is create a character on S322 or S333 as in time those will get merged no matter how many players they have. Granted you will be playing without your friends for around a month (estimated) but as the servers are released on weekly basis you will only be a week or two behind your friends. Now, there's also a possibility that you can start on S336 as they will merge every server at some point if the game still exists. 

See, originally I started playing on s16 but in the name of $$$ my server got merged with s17 and s18 which was really bad for anybody that wanted to play a game and good for anybody wanting to make the most out of players wallets. The servers didn't need a merge which was agreed along the board by most if not all players on them. Now, if this wasn't bad enough they then merged s10;s11;s12;s13;s14 and s15 amongst my s16. So in effect, 9 servers were reduced to 1 server and by the end of all those merges, the same amount of players are active as there were originally on s16 before the merge. Now the question is - what comes first? The game getting closed off or merging s1 (and all merged servers to s1) to the current s10 (s10-s18).

TL;DR

Write a support ticket and depending on the answer or lack thereof proceed with either playing the game in the wrong fraction, leaving the game or just creating a new Facebook account. 

Edited by player3370035
formating

4 hours ago, player3370035 said:

discontinued game

You call it discontinued, where can I read more info about that? I had no idea this was a discontinued game.

You can't. That's the point.

There isn't a definitive statement from them about it and there won't be until the game closes. The reason for that being if they actually announced: "no more updates, the game closes soon" nobody would spend money on their "game". So instead what they do is:

* Cycle cash events in the same schedule, release new servers in schedule, merge new servers in schedule 
* Give zero information about the updates and plans for the game
* Disregard their forums (this being an example) 
* Hide behind "it's up to developers, when developers". It is a nice and professional way of saying "Not going to happen" in this game. First of all - it's nowhere near up to developers - it's people in management positions that decide about it.
* The finest example of the fact that the game has been discontinued is guild dungeon. The graphics and the material cost for upgrade are all there, the previous guild dungeon final stage is set to 249/249 as opposed to 250 like all the rest. 
* The last update that they released after a long time of nothing and backlash of the community was something already in the game. 

There is obviously more reasons than that but disclosing it on this forum isn't the best of ideas. 

Nobody that's working for them will ever tell you anything because they can't. They would be fired or lose a lot of profit. Instead, they will lie or say something that while isn't a lie isn't also the whole truth.